Precious metals have long been considered as a safe haven against political uncertainty, inflation or economic uncertainty. Whether you are hedger or a short term speculator, Commex Trade provides you with the possibility to participate in this important and highly liquid market by taking sizeable positions without tying up large sums of money. Furthermore, you can place Guaranteed Stops on all our spot metals contracts: an important benefit in the volatile conditions of the current commodities markets.
Commex Trade key advantages:
- Margin : Very low margin requirements starting from 2%
- Spreads : Low fixed spreads starting from 4 ticks on Silver and 5 ticks on Gold
- No Commissions : Better control of your trading costs with no commissions and no hidden fees
- No Swaps : All our active traders benefit from our "No Swap" policy and thus can keep their positions overnight at No Cost
- Hedging : No margin required when hedging your positions with Commex Trade.
- Quality of execution : Commex Trade offers innovative and discrete systems to execute all of your transactions, fully integrated with global financial news, market data and analysis from industry leaders
- Safety and regulation : Stability, safety and security are defended and fortified by a well-built business continuity plan
- Superior online charting capabilities : Commex Trade uses one of the most advanced and user-friendly trading platforms, MetaTrader 4, integrated with highly sophisticated charting tools
- Live 24/5 online support : Provided 24 hours a day, five days a week through online live chat, telephone or toll free lines
About the Precious Metals Market
A metal is deemed to be precious if it is rare. The discovery of new sources of ore or improvements in mining or refining processes may cause the value of a precious metal to diminish. The status of a "precious" metal can also be determined by high demand or market value. Precious metals in bulk form are known as bullion, and are traded on commodity markets. Bullion metals may be cast into ingots, or minted into coins. The defining attribute of bullion is that it is valued by its mass and purity rather than by a face value as money.
|Symbol||Description||Lot Size||Spread**||Stop and Limit Levels***||Margin Requirments|
|Gold||Spot Gold||100 Oz.||0.5||1||USD 1000|
|Silver||Spot Silver||5000 Oz.||0.04||0.08||USD 1000|
* Trading Times: Opening at 01:00 Monday and closing at 23:15 Friday with a daily break between 00:15 and 01:00 (server time).
** The above spreads are applicable under normal trading conditions.
*** Minimum level for placing SL, TP and Stop, Limit Orders from a current market price.